Got quite the dilemma going on here...help

Ok here is a little history. My husband's friend "Smith" had to file chapter 13 bankruptcy. He owns a gun shop, and business is not going good. Anyway, his mom and his sister acted as employees but wasn't being paid. Instead, his mom was giving him her whole disability check every month which was $900. Then she found out her son wasn't giving the money owed to the payment arranged with the bankruptcy which is $650. Then finds out he wasn't paying any bills! So she just stopped giving him the money and was gonna start paying it herself. He got pissed and kicked them both out. From what I understand now, Smith is going to get in lots and lots of trouble with the ATF for selling gun without a FFL, (federal firearms license). Well she asked me if they could stay with us. We said yes and she is paying us $350 a month, and giving dh $100 for saving up to get a place or an apartment.

Well here is my dilemma, they are staying in the basement which is fully finished, but has a flea problem. The daughter I find out has a flea allergy. So we are in the process of getting rid of them, and they are using skin-so-soft to repel the fleas. The bites on her legs are not healing right. She keeps scratching them. I suggested putting cortisone to stop itching, but she claims it doesn't work. So then I suggested to put some neosporin on them and then I would wrap them with some medical dressing. She said ok, so I had her clean it, and I put gloves on and I notice some of the bite areas are a little warm. She was ok for about maybe an hour, then started itching again and took it off and put more SOS on it. I would think the SOS being oil based is keeping the wounds from healing, but it is repelling the fleas.

I am afraid she is starting to get a staph infection which I know is contagious. Every time I suggest something I get met with resistance. I am getting pissed, and dh tells me to quit pushing. So I am going to give 2 more days to see if the bites do heal since the fleas do not seem to be biting anymore.

Any suggestions?? And kind of diplomatic way without them thinking I am pushing them, or whatever? Or make it think it is their idea? But I do for a fact, if they get do get worse I WILL tell her to get to the hospital, or she will not be allowed to come upstairs and her mom can bring her dinner down there. And when her mom get infected, she will stay down there also. I got a fucking 5 yr old I have to think of. I want to do it now. But hubby is saying I am pushy, and get hard headed and not giving them a choice. Like I said, if i have my way, she would go NOW!!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2013 in Health

• I think you need to leave it for now. No good deed goes unpunished, it seems.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Do they have any insurance? Since hubby thinks you are not being sympathetic, maybe he can go and suggest she see a doctor because being allergic, she shouldn't take chances.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Dardenella...Yes she has medicaid
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• I would just go from the worried for her health stand point and even drive her if need be. My guess is not staph but her body trying to throw off the invadind bodies, flea bite saliva. I am sure it could develop into staph but I wouldn't think so quickly. I am probably wrong about that. Good luck.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2013