what is legal age for different sex sibling to have different room by law

rehana810

Asked by rehana810 at 5:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't believe there IS a legal age for biological siblings to stop sharing a room. Why do you ask?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 6:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• I agree, I don't believe there's a legal age that biological different sex siblings have to have different rooms. I believe there is an age when you take foster children or adopt.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• I don't think there is a legal age either..they are your kids so I think it's up to you not the law
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• I don't get why people are so hung up on this shit.

Is this the new way that people feel they can get back at their ex's?? Get over it....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• In my state, different sex siblings have to have their own room at 2. It varies state to state, you have to look up your state laws, or call your local DCF. They'll know.
    WhyPiggy

Answer by WhyPiggy at 12:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• i shared a room with my brother when i was 13 and he was 11...so i dont see why they need to have different rooms. unless there's a documented issue, i dont see why any state in their right mind would make a law against this...especially as young as two.

i mean, you can always hang a sheet or put up a bookshelf in the middle of the room to give them each some privacy.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2013