do you know where I can get help to get my hernia removed with surgery? my doctor doesn't want to perform surgery on me until I get a program thats going to help me pay the bill.

I already tried applying at 3 different places for the medical help but all say I dont qualify:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You do not remove a hernia you fix a hernia. Have you tried DSHS.

Answer by louise2 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• if your hernia is not life threatening, it may never be done until you have medical insurance. I commend the Dr. not performing this surgery until you have coverage. And, I commend any agency that is willing to tell you up front that you do not qualify if indeed you do not. Tough situation, but, in the big scheme of things this is just one more procedure not on my tax dollars and not left unpaid at a hospital. Sorry sister.
    If you don't qualify for assistance start putting some money aside, yes you have it, and pay for your procedure yourself. Or try getting a job in these tough economic times to pay for it. And yes, McDonald's does offer good insurance to full time employees worth keeping. I had it for 2 years while in college.
    Anonymous

• If you're not eligle for assistance and insurance is too expensive, maybe check into a discount program.
    -->www.savewithonecard.com
    valentine21463

Answer by valentine21463 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Well I just had to pay for an eye surgery because my insurance didn't cover it and I don't qualify for assistance. I used my cafeteria plan to save for it. That is how I have paid for 2 sets of braces that wern't covered under any insurance too.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• www.saveittillyagotit.com
    Anonymous

• Have you tried a community hospital w/ bill forgiveness or a program that gives discounted rates? I think it may be bill assistance or something for low income people. I know it exsists some places.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Where do you live? There are lots of teaching universities and community clinic hospitals that will cut deals with you.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• 2ND ANONYMOUS, FOR YOUR INFORMATION I DIDNT SAY FOR THEM TO PAY THE FULL BILL! KNOW HOW TO READ FIRST BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR BIG MOUTH! I PUT HELP ME PAY THE BILL WHICH IS LIKE SOME KIND OF INSURANCE OR PROGRAM!
    Anonymous

• Try a county hospital. I know the county hospital in my county will do payment plans or sliding fee scales. They usually don't ask about payment until after, and they will work with you.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

i wish that people like anon here would actually put themselves in other peoples shoes before opening there mouths.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2009