Sleep number bed

does anyone have one of these? do you like it? hubby & I are thinking of investing in 1. any help would be nice!

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2013 in Shopping

• My husband and I have one. We've had it almost 10 years now. They're supposed to last for around 20. We LOVE it. I like my bed soft-medium firm, and he likes his FIRM. We can set our sides how we like it, and adjust it as we need to for sore backs or other issues. I highly doubt we'll ever get anything other than a Sleep Number again.

One thing I am noticing now the the little foam divider that is supposed to separate the air bladders isn't as firm as it used to be anymore, so the exact middle of the bed is turning into a hole.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• I stayed in a hotel in NYC that had them. I hated it. It felt like sleeping on an air mattress, which is what they are, a souped up air mattress.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• I've slept in a few many times while travelling and staying with friends. I don't care for them. The controls are a pain when you need to change the number. I don't find them as comfortable as a regular soft mattress.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Nope. Just a regular old pillow top for me. They look interesting. How long are they supposed to last?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• No. But when my husband owned a shipping store, he said people kept returning the sleep number beds. Not sure what the reasons were though.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2013