Your joking

Ok so I just recived a text from my moms boyfriend saying my mom needs 5$ for gas. My mom earlier this morning asked if she could borrow money. I told her then I don't have any. They just borrowed money from my friend the other day( they are friends with him too). What happened to that money?? I don't mind helpin my mom out at all, when I have the meansdo so. I have a limited income I've been pulling financial aid money just to get by my self. Its so frustrating that he is texting me too.. Im almost certain it was behind my moms back! And they are both well a were of my situation.
Would you be annoyed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• I would be wondering what they do with their money, just text him back and say you don't have it.
    Help your mother get on a budget.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• A lot of it is my mom drives about 45 mins to get to work .. Both ways! But then they are over paying for their apartment and they just bought a car their payment is around 500$. The boyfriend doesn't work bc he's disabled and is working on getting disability. But their not moving or looking for a different aparent bc he has felanoys and not a lot of ppl will allow them to rent bc of it! I did text him and told him that mom asked me earlier and I don't have any money! I'm on e my self and what happened to the money my friend gave you the other day?? And he's expecting to get his money back today!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Poor choices on their part, Who buys a car with a $500 payment? Not your problem, don't answer the phone, and don't find anyone else to lend them money.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• You don't need to enable them in their poor choices. If he's not working, he doesn't need a cell phone.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• It would be different if they had a crisis and needed help, but if they can buy a car with a $500 payment (and then how much is the insurance) they created their own crisis.

I would not loan them any money. Parents are supposed to help their children not the other way around.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Real simple. Just say no, and stick to it. Oh, and no guilt. They created this problem all by themselves; it's not yours to solve.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• 500 a month for car payment but needs 5 bucks for gas

this is why god made answering machines
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• If it was my Mother she would be taken care of.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• That is unfair to you. Stay in school and make a better future for yourself.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• He has a safe link phone so it's free with 100 text 250 mins.... But I agree it's poor decisions on their end I don't have any guilt about not helping them this time....
    Virginiamomma I don't even have 5$ for myself let alone give to my mom...it's just until they get paid tonight at 12am I think they can manage this time!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2013