What to do?

As im getting closer to my due date (in jan) I'm trying to plan on having the baby in Winthrop (mineola) the hospital looks amazing and from reading the site really cares about their maternal patients...the problem is im closer to NUMC, and it's not a hospital i feel too comfortable having the baby in, from the way they treated my stepmom when she was staying there i just didnt feel the hospitable vibe. MY question is the day i do go into labor does anyone know if Winthrop has some sorta special transportation pick-up service? Anything that mothers may know about preganancy related issues and the Winthrop hospital will be GREAT!

CollegeMommy89

Asked by CollegeMommy89 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2013 in Travel

• Call the hospital and ask.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Wouldn't it be easier just to call the hospital?
    Daigen

Answer by Daigen at 12:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• When i called and asked the nurse she said she didnt know they might..wierd answer considering she works there
    CollegeMommy89

Comment by CollegeMommy89 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• What Hospital is your OBGYN affiliated with? That's where you are supposed to go. BTW, No Hospital on L.I has any sort of pick up service at all. You could call "Able Ride", google for the #. It is a for medical transport for a fee, I think it's about $75 each way but you share it with others going to the same place & it may be a very LONG ride.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Call but most hospitals do not have door to door service unless it is an emergency and then they take you to the closest one.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• I doubt that they just have people for that...

take a cab?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2013