Should I leave?

I love my boyfriend. We've been together 2 years and have an 8 month old. In the past, he's cheated on me and lied to me and one of those times was while I was pregnant. He has recently showed changes. He hasn't lied to me and he doesn't keep secrets. He's even went to church with me. I just don't feel the same way I used to about him. I don't know that I want to be with him but I am trying because we have a baby. I don't know if I should stay with him. I don't want to break his heart and I don't know how to tell him when he's been trying to make changes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• Since you have a child together this is what I would say; don't get pregnant again right now, and don't marry him yet, but take some time to try to work things out, especially if you see that he's trying to make things better. All relationships have ups and downs. Even if you leave and start a new relationship the odds are there will be times when you wonder what you're doing there.

The best advice I ever got was at the beginning of my marriage, I was told "Right now it's easy to love him. There will be many days when you get up and you just love him, but there will be days when you get up in the morning and you have to make a decision to love him."

And it's true. Somedays, you have to choose to love him. As long as he is trying I would take some time to make an effort to make it work, and to find the love you had for him in the beginning.

Good luck mama.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• If he's trying to make changes, maybe it would be fair to give it time and see if you can rebuild your relationship.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Maybe you shouldn't have made a baby with him after he cheated? I don't know, you might be addicited to drama, now that he is reformed, it is boring, why don't you get counseling to see what your issue and his issues are. Next time you get in a relationship when there are red flags, move on, don't think a baby will "change" someone.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Stand by your man

You can, but I wouldn't.... LMAO!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2013