GROSS question about healing staph infection what do you think?? adult content

My husband had to have it cut open and scrapped and it then needed to be packed for about 2 weeks. At his drs appointment last week, the dr said a couple more days of packing and he shouldnt need any more. Well, I havent packed it since Friday but the past 3 days, there has been green stuff leaking out and it smells kind of funny. ( he hasnt had this green stuff before) He called the surgeon who cut it open cause she's the dr who's treating him and the "nurse" on the phone (it was the receptionist not a nurse but he thinks she's a nurse) told him just to keep his appointment nov 18 and that the green leaking and smell wasnt nothing to be worried about. They told us at the hospital that if it started to smell, to come back. Since the dr told my husband that he doesnt need to worry, he's not but to me, the green leak and smell have me thinking infection again. What do you ladies think?? Something to be worried about or not? His wound is NOT completely closed either there is still a small hole but he failed to mention that when he called.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2013 in Health

• UH uh that needs to be looked at. Now.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Sounds like it's infected even more... find another doctor. One that wont treat you like you don't matter.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• green= infection

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• My Great Aunt died of a Gangrene infection..... Do NOT put it off, get him to the Dr.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Well, I don't care what they told you, green stuff is never okay. You need to take him to ER and not settle for a phone call.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Thanks ladies that's EXACTLY what I've been trying to tell him!!! I'm gonna drag his butt in!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• My son had staph, possible mrsa (it wasnt but they tested it thinking it was), they put him on a strong antibiotic and baths in bleach. He needs to have it looked at!

Answer by missanc at 2:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• He needs to be seen, and before his next appointment.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• There shouldn't be a foul odor. It sometimes can be a thick yellow but not green. I've had my share of open wounds. There might be a distinct odor to the drainage but it shouldn't be gross. Also observe for inflammation and warmth. Fevers. Him feeling "off". And get it checked. It took me almost 6 months for one of those to completely close but it was a c-section wound.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• pretty sure green and smelly is a bad thing- I'd take him to the doctor rather than wait
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2013