My 4year old daughter has not been wanting to go to Preschool, Im unsure why?

She has only been going for a month and on her first day I stayed with her for 1/2 hour and told her I was leaving and would be back for her in a little while. She is only enrolled for 3 hours 5 days a week. For some weird reason for the past week she has not been wanting to go at all. My mom babysits her and takes her to school and is the one dealing with her crying not wanting to go. I have asked my daughter why she doesnt want to go and she just says I dont want to. I asked her does anyone hit you? She replies no. Now, the only thing left is to ask the teacher, but then they will reply with its normal. I just feel its weird because she was excited to go to school and now all of a sudden she is not. :(

Dome1014

Asked by Dome1014 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Actually it is very normal. Many kids have a first day, week or month before they are sort of 'over it' so to speak. It is a hurdle you have to get over. As long as she is coming home with out bumps or bruises and isn't showing any unuaual behaviors I am certain things are fine.
    Anonymous

• Oh geez... why does it always have to be an assumption of abuse? IT'S NORMAL CHILDHOOD BEHAVIOR. Trust me, if you think this way for every single thing your child does, you are going to be crazy before she grows up....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Ask the teacher to get some reassurance.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 5:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• show up unannounced and watch her through the window-unseen. I guarantee you will see a happy child who is doing art projects, singing songs and play with peers.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Ask the teacher or just show up. More than likely the "new" has worn off and now she is finding there are rules and restrictions, likely more than at home
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• No one likes or agrees with my opinion, but I'm going to give it. Preschool and day cares are not natural. They are a man-made solution to a problem that's been in America's society for many years. God never intended for a daycare or preschool to raise our kids.
    Children are going to thrive in the home with a loving mother who enjoys being there, taking care of the home and meeting the needs of the child/ren.
    I realize that a lot of mothers have to work to support their child. Could you find a more home-based care for her? It would probably be better than a pre-school. I taught in them back in the late 1990's and would never send my own child to one. There is way too much verbal abuse that occurs in them.
    No one in this world is going to offer the care, love and support that only you can give your child. They grow up so quickly.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 8:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• My dd goes through this lately and she has been going to daycare/ preschool...this new one for a year now. It happens. It will get better. I would speak with the teacher ect. I always wonder about change in behavior in little ones. My dd loves her daycare no matter what anyone opinion might be it is good for them go and be with others. This is a new thing for your dd. give it some time.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2013