How can I show my appreciation?

I am a new school bus driver and my 3rd route of the day are terrible I have written them up I have assigned seats.

I have this one boy who fills me in on what is going on, he is a really sweet boy he is my eyes and ears so to speak...lol
I really do appreciate his wanting to help ;)
Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Best thing to do for him is tell him you wont rat him out for ratting everyone else out... He'd love it :)
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Maybe do something at the end of the year? You don't want others to bully/harrass him for what he is doing. Just my thoughts......
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Don't play favorites. It might make things worse for you, and he may get picked on, too.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Thanks ladies, but no I will never put him in that position he blends in while the others are acting up he's pretending he's asking me a question or he just times it perfectly ;) I won't let him get in to trouble.
    I just don't understand why these kids act the way they do and he acts perfect he such a sweetie.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• So what is it he is seeing that you aren't? Are the other kids doing things that are dangerous or are they bullying another kid? It sounds like this is a daily thing and that makes me think this kid is just a tattle tale and wants the attention.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Well for one I have to concentrate on my driving and I don't see him as a tattle tale he just wishes these kids would calm down he's told me this before. I do what I can but I do appreciate his help too. Another boy tries to help me out too he likes to sit alone though.
    I get the feeling they care about their new bus driver and are trying to help me out bc I do have to focus on safety driving.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2013