Would you continue to take your child to a daycare where a child was killed?

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/jan/18/local/chi-day_care_death_jan18
She killed a little boy maybe a month ago, they daycare remained opened up until 2 weeks ago where the state ordered it to be closed. I work near this day care actually it's maybe a minute away in car from my job. I was planning on taking my daughter to this daycare if I had to, but thankfully I don't need to. This place was still packed the very next day, and up until they shut it down people kept brining their children to this place. I personally wouldn't, who's to know another person in there won't go crazy too.

xocyncyn

Asked by xocyncyn at 5:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hell no, I wouldn't!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I would not. I would have found another daycare.

Answer by louise2 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Umm definately not!!! My child's life is precious to me. I couldn't put my child in a situation that I knew was not the best!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 5:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I just read that article and I'm sick to my stomach! That is horrible, how could you do something like that? My little boy is 14 months old and does get loud and rowdy, but I would never think of doing anything of that nature. Walk out of the room and get some air if you are getting overwhelmed! Geez!! Then she just let him crawl off and die. She didn't even check on him or call the medics. The poor thing had to die all by himself and nobody did anything! I'm glad she's being held on such high bail and that they closed the place! God I don't know what I would do if that happened to my little boy!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 5:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Cyn, wtf kind of question is this? Shouldn't you be working or something? I'm telling yoru boss that you are on mom sites
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You shut up Morgan!! LMAO. I already talked to you about his. Remember haha but I just wanted to know if anyone would still continue to take their kids. You shut up ok, you need to email me at work that's what you NEED to do!!! You better not tell my boss haha, it's the only place I can still get my fix for the day LMAO.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 5:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• HELL NO!
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• omg..I hadn't even heard about this, makes me want to go pick up my little boy now. & kiss & hug and hold on tight! It's so sad, I hope she get's the death penalty. Who could do a helpless little baby that way! If u don't have the patience then don't work at a daycare for christ sake!!!
    Anonymous

• Oh my god. I can only imagine how the parents feel. They left their child in a place where they thought they could trust him to be, and find out their little boy had been murdered by some worthless bitch :(

I would never be able to put my child in daycare because I don't trust ANYONE with her besides myself, her papa, and a few close friends and relatives. I remember checking out a daycare when I was pregnant for "just in case" and felt sick to my stomach thinking about leaving my daughter somewhere.

Anyway, that's all beside the point. To answer your question ... HELL NO I wouldn't bring my kid back there, even if that person was no longer there, it's just devastating.

I feel so badly for the parents of this little boy, and of course the boy himself.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 6:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• a big heck no! I would pull my child out the same day and ask my employer to give me time to find an alternative daycare.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009