You have $1000 and 14 days to vacate your home...

How the heck to do you execute this with a full time job and 2 kids. One of the kids is Autistic. How do you deal with your stress adn the stress of your children- particularly the stress of the Autistic child and find a place to live while packing up everything you own to be ready to go out the door. How do you explain to you kids that we have to move because I checked the wrong box on a form at the leasing time with the apt. How do you deal with changing your autistic sons school AGAIN. How am I going to survive this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2013 in Special Needs

• You will just have to survive. The kids will be fine. It might take a while for your autistic son to get use to the change. You do what you got to do sometimes. Life is not always easy.

Answer by louise2 at 7:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I agree with Louise. You just do it, the kids and yourself will be absolutely fine once the dust settles.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• what box did you check?

can't you just sign a new lease where you are?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• when feeling overwhelmed, i look at how life will be settled in 6 months- imagine little things
    the anxiety of this task can overwhelm you and you will not be productive
    when feeling like this- stop it and think how you have gotten through other tough times and then continue with task at hand
    you are stronger than you think- remember how strong you were in a past situation and use that strength

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:52 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• First I would try & find as many friends/relatives to help me pack up & maybe ask them to store my furniture & belongings at their home temporarily. Then I would make it like a fun adventure as far as my kids were concerned. I would try not to let them see me upset. It may be a blessing in disguise & may even be a better school for your son. I believe things happen for a reason. There is always the dark before the light. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I thought there was an eviction law that gives 30 days, I would certainly call the gov't services offices and find out.

You deal with it and survive it the same way you did the first time you had to move, its just at a faster pace now. Heres hoping you can keep your kids schedules, schools etc the same so that the move is the only disruption.

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• hugs

goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I would do my best to keep my kid in the same school district, it might be a good time to sell anything that you haven't used for over a year to get some extra money. I assume you have tried to ask the landlord to re-rent to you? I am sorry, but thank goodness you have some time, some money, and your kids.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Try to get help packing and watching the children while you make the move. It is a terribly tough situation, but you will come through this.

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Well, first I exhaust my options for housing in the area. Hopefully I would find something that was in the same school zone so my child wouldn't have to switch schools. Then I would speak with the office at the school and ask that my child be able to attend school at least through the middle of the year (winter break) if not the whole year. This is only if I could also find housing in the area where I would still be able to drop off and pick up my child at school. There is no time to panic and that won't do any good anyhow. Stress can be hard to deal with, but with such a short amount of time I would probably just get myself in gear and do what I had to do to make it happen.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2013