Why lie, then later tell the truth?

Actors etc.... It doesn't make you look good in the public eye.
IMO, either tell the truth up front. Or do not say anything about it. As in "no comment ".

Asked by louise2 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Actors? I don't know why they would lie.

Politicians? Obviously, to gain support of their agenda without having to divulge detailed forecasting of what is going to happen. In other words, if they told the truth the people likely wouldn't support their efforts.

Just saying no comment doesn't make the issue go away, it just beefs up efforts to get more details, which they don't want to give.  It brings more attention to the issue being asked about.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I see your point. When someone notable is caught in a lie, they are no longer trustworthy so they might as well say, "no comment," because most likely I wouldn't believe anything else they said.

The Obama administration, including Jay the Carney, have lying down to art form. To be fair, most politicians do.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• What is positions. And what did they lie about?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• They lie because they think they won't get caught. They lie because they think that we will believe them because they think nothing of us. They don't really care about us, so they tell us what they think we want to hear to keep us off their backs.

When we catch them in the lies and demand the truth, they backpedal and spin and recreate recent history so that they can then tell the truth because they need our blind faith.

Then they lie again because they don't really care about us as long as we are docile and compliant.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Standard operating procedure for politicians. Even if they start out with honest intentions, by the time they work their way up to the top, they owe so many favors to people for helping them get there, they're so crooked they'll have to be screwed into the ground when they die.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Yea was to early in the morning. I meant Politicians

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I would still go with the "no comment". To me that means you are not going to get anything from me. Lie or truth.

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2013