When will I be able to orgasm again without feeling pain?

I had abdominal surgery to remove my ectopic pregnancy about 2 weeks ago. I tried to be intimate with my husband a few days ago and once I became aroused when my husband touched me, my abdomen, vagina and clitoris started to ache. When he continued, my abdomen where my surgery was and my clitoris started to hurt. It felt like I was re-living my ectopic pregnancy again. I am so afraid that I can't reach orgasm without feeling this pain. It's really a put-off. Has anyone had this problem before? Does it resolve itself eventually when you fully recover from surgery? How long does it take to recover? Thanks in anticipation!

Anonymous2013

Asked by Anonymous2013 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• You should give your self at least a few weeks to recover!!! You could end up causing some serious issues by trying things so early.... Call your do and ask your questions!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Hi Rachel thanks for your answer. I am aware that I cannot have unprotected sex and to allow least 2 regular periods before we ttc but we just wanted some intimacy with each other. It was disturbing to discover that I kept feeling this pain when aroused and wondered if it will go away ever.
    Anonymous2013

Comment by Anonymous2013 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• What did your doctor say?
    When you are aroused all of your PC and uterine muscles contract. Yes It will go away, but it takes TIME. Probably about as long as if you had had a c-section.
    Guess you're stuck to HJ's, BJ's & Titty Fucking to keep him happy for a few weeks.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Call today & ask your Dr. that preformed the surgery. Didn't they give you paperwork when you left the Hospital regarding when it is safe to have sex again? You will not heal completely for many months.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• The doctor/surgeon didn't say much. He just kept telling me that I need to consider a safer contraception to avoid another ectoic pregnancy. Not very helpful I know, The paperwork does not say much either. It just confirms the amount of painkillers I can have and how to keep my surgical wounds clean etc. I probably will leave it for a while and as PartyGalAnne says, I probably have to stick to other methods to keep hubby happy .. lol.
    Anonymous2013

Comment by Anonymous2013 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Enjoy your time off and get an answer about how long to wait. If it hurts don't do it!!! Not worth damaging your body.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Thanks everyone for your replies. I will try to take time off ... I really don't wish to be put off sex cos of the pain I feel. The trouble is, I do get turned on when I give HJ or BJs to hubby. Hubby then tries to help me along and I quit completely due to the pain. The good news is that I just received a letter from the hospital and I will be seeing my doctor for an outpatient appointment on 04 December so I will ask him then. I will keep everyone posted after I have been. Cheers!
    Anonymous2013

Comment by Anonymous2013 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Dr. was useless @ the check-up before discharge from hospital. I got nowhere with him. I still feel pain before I cum and it's a right put-off. I don't know who to turn to or do I just have to live with it? Has anyone experienced this and has found a cure? Thanks in anticipation!
    Anonymous2013

Comment by Anonymous2013 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2013

• Hi, I'm here to let everyone know that I am back in full form exactly 3 months after my operation.
    Anonymous2013

Comment by Anonymous2013 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2014