Smart_tag.js from mono.vizu.com Anyone else get this message at the bottom of the page?

I have scanned with anti-virus/malware but there is nothing there. Googling isn't helping. I've looked at Task Manager and what is using up space but it's all Greek to me. Any advice?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 4:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2013 in Technology

• CM, this is tracking software that keeps track of everywhere people go on the internet. Then the company that installed it takes that information and sells it to other advertisers so they can spam people with specific ads. If you didn't install it, then one of your advertisers has it embedded in their ads here, and you need to get rid of it. It's not OK to install what can be considered malware on someone's computer. Many people would click to open that not knowing what it is.
    cjsbmom

Answer by cjsbmom at 10:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• It seems like we've been having a lot of "inconveniences" with this site lately. Why is that? Is CM using the same IT people as the ones who set up the Affordable Health Care site?!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Hi,

We're aware of this recent issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Any time you notice a problem with CafeMom, you can send the CafeMom Team a note using the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Cafe GroupAdmin

Answer by Cafe GroupAdmin at 5:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Yes and it is annoying the hell out of me. I keep having to shut it down. About ready to switch over to google chrome where my ad block is.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I've been getting it also, and wondering what the heck it is.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I know me too and I can not get rid of it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Yes, it's constantly popping up
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Okay, I'm glad I'm not alone. I've read that some of this adware stuff can hide as a windows setup file in the C drive as something malicious but who knows.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• YES! And it's driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 8:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• And I should mention that AdBlocker won't keep it from opening. It's not an ad. It's malware. So for those of you who think using Google Chrome and adblocker will keep it from happening, it won't. I am using both, and I still get it as well.
    cjsbmom

Answer by cjsbmom at 11:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2013