how old should she be????

my daughter is 9 mos old and she says dadadada all the time all day long but we cant get her to say mama for the life of us and it is kind of frustrating because she also says bye bye so does she not really know what she saying when she says it or is she just being stubborn....lol....

blue_eyes11

Asked by blue_eyes11 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 2 and he will not say momma for nothing. he CAN say it. i have heard him say it a couple times (actually its mom mom mom). as a matter of fact- if i tell him to say momma then he will look at me and say daddy and then SMILE ABOUT IT! lol i think he does it to aggrivate me.
    she will say it in time. dadda is easier to say than momma. but it will happen. and once it does-she will never stop lol at least thats what i have been told-i wouldnt know that from experience lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• no all kids no matter what there first words are gonna be daddaa but keep your time stay cool with the child and keep teaching them words my ds calls me by my first name it took a while for me to get use to it but now that i keep saying mommy or mom he says it now
    MommyQueen187

Answer by MommyQueen187 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I understand your frustration. Just relax and enjoy it. My two-year-old son says, "Mama" all of the time. If dh is home in the morning, I lay in bed and listen to him call "Mama" until he finally says, "Dad". hee hee I look at dh and grin real big. DH rescues ds from the crib;-)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009