Do the people in your neighbor scrutinize everything you do?

Just curious if this a normal thing or just a military base thing. It seems here you can't walk out your door without having some nosy "military wife" passing judgement on every move you make. From not taking your kids' coat off in the car seat to letting your kid have a piece of chocolate at the park. So many families get reported to family advocacy for the most ridiculous reasons here. I just don't understand why some people feel the need to involve themselves in everyone else's personal lives.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 9:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• I've never lived in a neighborhood, we've always been out in the country.... I'm so thankful for that.

It seems they (your neighbors) don't have a life, and want to inject themselves in others business because they're miserable.... Sorry I couldn't help out...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• That must be very annoying for you!
    Not here as long as your yard/home look well kept.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• It makes them feel better about their own pathetic lives. Sad but true. We had a few neighbors like that years ago in our old neighborhood, but fortunately I haven't had to experience that in a long time.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Thankfully I do not live in an area like that.
    I am sorry.
    CPS was called because someone gave their chil a piece of chocolate? People are ridiculous!
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• i'm sure they do,but I never hear it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• nah, everyone is so busy they dotn even know our names lol
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Lol, it is very annoying. There are a lot of crazy moms here. An acquaintance of mine was reported for "child neglect" because she doesn't bring her son to the doctor all the time. She is kind of a hippie and believes in honey and coconut oil or whatever, anyways it was completely false. She brought her son in for routine check ups ( 18 months, 2 years, ect), she brought him in when he got hurt. They reported her because she didn't rush him to the doctor every time he caught a cold or got a low grade fever. I might not agree with her beliefs but it is ridiculous to report her for not bringing her kid to the doctor every time he got the sniffles. Obviously the reports were unfounded but just getting reports causes trouble for the military member. Her husband got an LOR just for being reported for neglect, even though family advocacy disproved it.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• If they do I'm not aware of it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• It's a military base thing. There's all sorts of forums and FB pages where wives bash other wives. It's like you can't take out your trash in your pjs without them taking a picture and making Dependopatumus memes. It's like a Mom Confessions for military spouses. Plus you are overseas so they have time and nothing but. I went through so much shit from living on base as a single mom in Italy. Never again.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• ive never had that problem...but my mom has told me stories. she even got into it with another military mom over some BS crap...and she's a mild manner, MYOB type! this one lady got so bad about berating my mom about her parenting style (which was very normal) that my dad's & the lady's DH's COs were called in to mediate the whole thing. luckily, it turned out in my mom's favor and they had to move off base. anytime we've lived on base its like you're constantly being watched and scrutinized for everything you do (or dont do). and thats just the stuff i noticed as a kid! the things i noticed while a teen overseas...man i dunno how military moms put up with it!

it seemed the worst when i would babysat in officer housing...having a swarm of moms asking me who i was babysitting, why i would dare take the kids to the park, how they'd tell on me! damn theres a lot of bitchy major wives!

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2013