Ovary pain.

I never ask questions but I have to tonight. I'm in pain, and have this every month, but it seems to be getting worse.

5 years ago I had an ablation (novasure) procedure done, so I don't have periods anymore, but I have all of the other symptoms... I try to ignore it every month, and my last pap was normal... But, I can feel when I ovulate, always have, but the pain is more intense now than ever...

I've read up about having ovaries removed, and it doesn't sound like the right solution, because of going into early menopause. I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this pain, and what you've done...? I plan to call my Dr in the morning, just getting ideas, or advice, or something I could mention to her tomorrow...

Thanks for reading....

MrsLeftlane

Asked by MrsLeftlane at 10:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2013 in Health

• You could have cysts, or a host of other problems. A pap test only checks for cervical cancer- not ovarian. Go to your doctor and insist on something other than pain meds.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I had problems with cysts about 10 years ago, after my last baby... The pain seemed more sharp back then.. All the Dr did back then was told me they would pass..... This is cramping, and pain, and it's making me feel like I'm going to pass out. I get light headed, nauseous, heart palpitations, and then when the pain/cramping lets up, that does too...

Hubby thinks I'm going through early menopause. I'm 41, so I guess that's possible. Ugh..
    MrsLeftlane

Comment by MrsLeftlane (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I used to get that every other month with my left and I am still convinced a cyst ruptured or I have complications from adhesions due to multiple c-sections. That side is so scarred I couldn't get a tubal during the c-section.

I was put on a low hormone birth control pill and now I don't ovulate so I no longer have problems.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Let us know what they find, okay?

I don't want to even make suggestions, make sure they check you thoroughly.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Talk to your doc. I've had issues with cysts for years, it's worse when they rupture. But I don't get light headed. It sounds like you need them to run some tests and get to the bottom of this.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• I'll keep this question open until I find out. It may take a little while, since she'll have to run some tests.

My Mom had such a horrible time of it when she was alive. I can't remember how old she was when it began, but I'll let my Dr know the trouble she had.

I'm going to head to bed now, so please don't think I'm ignoring the posts, I just can't stay up anymore. Thanks ladies for the kind words, and all of your advice.
    MrsLeftlane

Comment by MrsLeftlane (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2013

• Is is on one side more than the other? It is very likely you have a small cyst, when you ovulate this disturbs them for some reason. I had cysts on my right ovary all the time. They finally took out my right one and so far (2 years) my left has had no problems. Good luck, but be sure they do the sonogram when you are about or during ovulation, cysts can come and go and change sizes with hormones, and you want to be sure they see it.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I go in this afternoon to see my Dr.. I feel better today than I did yesterday, so I'm thinking it was a cyst. The only pain reliever I took was last night, and it was ibuprofen, so I would think that's wore off by now.

I'll post again as soon as I know more.
    MrsLeftlane

Comment by MrsLeftlane (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Well I saw the Dr, but she seems to think the cyst ruptured on its own, so she wouldn't see anything if she did a sonogram... She told me to take ibuprofen if I have anymore pain, and if the pain persists to call her.

She did remind me of my age, again, and that I need a full work up, mammogram, etc, so I'll make a new appointment to start all of it.... No, I've not made the appointment yet, I'm feeling horrible, no ovary pain, just aching, and a low grade fever... She didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about since I'm normally healthy.
    MrsLeftlane

Comment by MrsLeftlane (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2013