should children be educated about molestation in elementry schol

surtay

Asked by surtay at 10:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• elemntry schol?

Really?
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:38 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• ELEMENTARY school? Clearly something you missed...

Anyway, no that's the parents' responsibility to teach their children.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• educated by who? Parents? Yes. Teachers? No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I think it is a good thing to let young ones know about good touch and bad touch, yes it is the parents job to do so, but doing this in school would take out the guess work of those children that do not get this trough parents. What harm can it do?

Answer by older at 10:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Just because it is the parent's responsibility does not automatically mean it gets done.......

Answer by older at 10:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• children should be educated on how to spell so when they get older they can spell elementary school
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• tnm, LMAO!

Answer by older at 10:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I think that it's important for parents to teach but I think it'd be good for kids to learn in school as well, Im sure there is a way to teach them without scaring them... (Maybe when teaching the kids about stranger danger) I was molested at a young age and didn't really understand what had happened until I got older. Had I known maybe I would've done more to tell someone while it was going on. Many parents surprisingly don't have all those important talks with their kids... In 5th grade we learned about our bodies and puberty (but not about sex). And my mom just handed me a book about my body and boys bodies... I learned about sex through gossip and sleepovers and looking up stuff online with my friends.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Nope
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I have mixed feelings. Parents should do it, but there are many who won't, including those sick parents who may be molesting their own children. So yes, it should be taught by someone in addition to the parents - schools, doctors, etc

Answer by missanc at 11:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2013