I want to go back to school as a medical transcriptionist what is the best online school to do this so i can stay at home and work so i am home with my daughter?

kyliesmom610

Asked by kyliesmom610 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Check out careerstep.com
    Anonymous

• Seriously, you do not need to go to any type of schooling for this. If you are familiar with medical, just do your own thing.. otherwise, maybe do some volunteer work in a medical office until you get sufficient experience. It is totally ridiculous to pay for this type of training. Go to mtdaily.com. Sometimes the companies there will hire you with no experience. DON'T waste your money.. truthfully.
    Anonymous

• Penn Foster
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• The first poster is right about Career Step. It is one of the best recognized and reputable training programs that is offered online. As far as not needing experience or training, that is not true. I worked as an Operations Manager for a fairly large Medical Transcription company. I hired people for various clinic accounts that I had. I would only hire someone with at least 2 years experience or that completed and graduated from a good program. It is not as easy as people think it is. There are many specialties that a person needs to know the terminology to and there are standard industry guidelines to the formatting.  If you contact a company without training, the right equipment , understanding of how to send and receive files and also understanding HIPPA they will not give you the time of day.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2009