What do you think you'd be doing with your life

If you were not married/in a relationship of had kids?
Do you wish you waited to get in a serious relationship or have kids?
What is your DREAM?

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2013 in Relationships

• I didn't think I'd be selling sex toys, thought I'd be a hairdresser.
    Never gave much thought to kids, etc only that I knew I wanted 1 or none.
    Got one, and I'm good with that.

Stop looking back. Stop with the what ifs. You can drive yourself crazy that way.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I did wait until my late 30's to have a serious relationship and kids. If I hadn't met DH and fallen for him I'd still be kissing toads and getting spa treatments to make me feel better, lol.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Honestly if I didn't have my son when I was 19 I would probably be off somewhere drinking a lot (if I was even still alive). Before I got into a relationship with my son's dad I was going down a pretty bad path.

Same thing if I wasn't with my fiance. Between breaking up with my son's dad and meeting my fiance, I was in an abusive relationship - verbally, mentally, and physically. Life is perfect now.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Sound funny now at age 52 years old and 2 grown kids. I never intended to have kids. At least it wasn't the first thing on my mind. But at 17 I got pregnant. Stupid me. Not thinking. Sex = pregnancy.
    Well my dream at 15,16 was to graduate high school and go in the Military. Get as far away from Washington state as I could. Then go back to school. Kids and a DH was not in the cards.

Answer by louise2 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• My dream was always to get married and have a family. I have been living my dream for almost 49 years. I have a college degree that I've never used. I can't imagine doing anything else.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Originally I had thought I would be in the military. After four year in College ROTC they found a medical issue and that was done.
    I had also thought I would sing professionally.
    In reality I probably would have pushed harder and gone into Psychology
    We moved a lot so careers were not really in my future but I waited until I was 27 and knew very well that I wanted to marry my husband and have children.
    Now I can see so many other possible futures/ dreams I could have gone for had I even realized they were out there. I might have become a chef. Silly as it sounds I never thought of chefs being in good but regular restaurants . If I thought about it at all the were cooks like at MacDonald's and I didn't want that. I have always loved to cook.
    I could be a reenact or in one of the villages and work with food and teaching while doing it. That would be ideal.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I see myself doing the same things I have done, not regretting or wanting to do anything else than what I am doing right now, I would not change a thing...my dream in life is my life now.....

Answer by older at 2:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• well i always knew i wanted a family, so thats the same. i wish we could have established ourselves better before kids, but then i wouldnt have the wonderful kids i have now.

but if i hadnt met my DH when i did i had planned on joining the AF after college graduation (my ASVAB test basically said "chose whatever you want" haha). i had already done jROTC and grew up in the life so it woulda been an easier transition than my now life has been.

in high school i had plans on getting a record contract, being famous...i even have an album of songs i wrote/sang. but i never had the courage, money, or drive to pursue it. you coulda all been singing my songs on the radio! haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I went to college, got a really good job & got married at 24. I did not have my first child until I was 39 so I was able & had the means to do everything that I wanted. I wish I had gotten pregnant earlier so I could have more children but it just did not happen. So, today I am right where I wanted to be, settled and blessed with two great kids. Now... if only I could win Lotto for a couple of million then my life would be complete! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• If I hadn't met my DH at 20 and gotten married and had kids with him, surely by now I'd be married and have kids with someone else now that I'm 33. I'd have a degree in nursing and probably be working, as well.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2013