My grandaughter was given a urine drug screen test today. and we waited about 15-20 mins.im not certain but because she was given her medications does that mean she passed her test I hope so

joye123

Asked by joye123 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• Most prescription medication that a child takes would be irrelevant on a drug screen. Exactly what are they testing her for?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Why are they testing the child's urine? This whole post makes no sense....
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• blank stare

Anonymous

• We aren't mind readers... You've got to explain....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Wait... what? This post is confusing.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I am guessing your granddaughter is at least a teen and has been using drugs? Or suspected of using drugs?

It would depend on the medication they are prescribing, but most drug tests take longer that an hour to process IF they have the equipment there to do it. It may just mean that she complied to the test and they will give her the medication for the time being, until the test comes back.

If you give more info, someone might be able to help you better.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I'm so sorry if my question didn't make any sense, but yes she is a teenager, and i am concerned..she's been hanging out with a group of other teens that I've noticed some changes ..I want to believe her..she takes med for adhd...i just hope things come back the way is supposed to..not sure how to ask her what kinds of things she is doing when she is hanging out with them.am afraid to ask to much and push her away..
    now i feel foolish by some of the answers I got on here
    joye123

Comment by joye123 (original poster) at 2:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2013