Lice

how can I get rid of it? I just found out that my 5 and 8 year old have it. I found out because I found one in my 27 month olds hair. They are all girls with shoulder length hair, but the 8 year olds is thick. I cannot afford the shampoo and even that I don't have no money until tomorrow and we have asked around and noone has money for us to borrow. Help. Not only that can I even use that stuff in a 2 year olds hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2013 in Kids' Health

• http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/common/head_lice.html
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2014

• Okay i know this sounds very strange but if you have flea shampoo it will kill the lice and is actually alot safer for all three of your kids just make sure everbody get treated the kids you and your hubby.
    otter.tail

Answer by otter.tail at 4:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• DD came home with it last year 2 times!!! 2 TIMES!.....
    I found I was able to treat my three boys hair, my hair, and my dd's hair all with ONE container of product (me and my sons for prevention).
    Use apple cider vinegar to loosen the eggs and use a nit comb to get them out. It's absolute insanity for weeks, but you can get rid of them and their eggs!
    The misconception about lice is that lice like "dirty" people and it isn't so! Lice like CLEAN PEOPLE WITH CLEAN HAIR!
    make sure to clean bedding, clothing and everything that touches the floor or the girls in HOT water and dry on HOT. Change pillow cases every day and wash and dry ...hot water, hot heat.
    Vacume carpets and furniture EVERY DAY. Comb through their hair every day, multiple times a day.
    All stuffed animals or toys that the lice could attatch or live on (fabric) needs to be put in plastic bags for at least two weeks.....push out as much air as possible.
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 11:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Get Pantene conditioner and put it on with a shower cap for 1/2 hour. Get a lice comb and comb through the hair keep repeating until it combs through is clean.
    Anonymous

• You might also want to call your pedi and ask what they suggest for the baby.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• do you have mayo or baby oil?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I have baby oil
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Also call your ped and ask if they can prescribe your kiddos the meds that kill the lice off. Mine wouldn't do it even the second time, but yours might be different! Don't get discouraged! xo
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 11:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2013