One of those days! *Just a vent.*

Okay, so my soon-to-be eighteen-year-old stepson has been cutting school , and his mom is totally making excuses for him, and his dad has to be down in the city at 7:30 tomorrow morning for a meeting with the guidance counselor, but that's another story. But my kindergartner woke up this morning with an attitude, stomped into our bedroom, hands on hips, and announced that since her brother decided he didn't have to go to school, she wasn't going, either. By the time her dad literally carried her, screaming and kicking, out the door, she'd lost her TV privileges for tonight and barely eaten any breakfast, and he had the jacket she refused to put on tucked under his arm. My fibromyalgia is acting up, so my skin feels like it's on fire every time my clothes even touch it, which means taking a shower is out of the question. My crockpot boiled over; I didn't even know it could do that. Seriously. Somehow, I got the control on high instead of low. I forgot a dentist appointment. Somehow, the cat unplugged the modem, so I missed an important e-mail for work. Then, to top it all off, the mom who has been bringing my daughter home from school told me at the beginning of the week that she's starting to do in-home daycare and she won't be able to provide transportation anymore. I would have appreciated knowing from the beginning that the arrangement was temporary, but okay. I made other arrangements for next week. Then today, the school office called me and said my daughter was wating with no one to pick her up. I asked where the mom I usually relied on was, and the secretary told me she had enrolled her daughter in the Mad Science Club as of today. Which she didn't inform me of. So I had to call her dad from work, interrupt him with a customer, and send him over to the school to get our daughter. Mom of the Year for me, yay!

I'm emotional, exhausted, and in pain. I just want someone to give me a hug, lie to me, and tell me everything's going to be okay, and that I'm not a total loser. I don't have any real life mom friends who can do this, so it's up to the CMer's. And if you have something snarky to say, just cram it, because I can't take it right now. Maybe later. Or maybe I need a rum and Coke, but that will have to wait till the kiddo is in bed. Because now she's home demanding a snack, and I just asked her if she ever heard the word "please" before.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I almost posted a picture of a big cuddly hug for you, then remembered you were blind. So, now you get to imagine the softest, cuddliest, most comforting hug you can and wrap yourself in it. We ALL have days where everything goes to hell in a hand basket before lunch.

You're not a horrible mom, you a normal mom going through a horrible day. Take some deep breaths and tomorrow should be better.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Everyone has a shitty day once in a while. You aren't a loser and things are going to get better. Have your rum and coke and wallow in your sadness for the rest of the night and then let it all go.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Hugs to you....my day sucked too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Big hugs! That is one thing I like about not working, even if I am having a bad day it doesn't seem to snowball as much as it did when I was working. If DD is a crab ass in the morning it doesn't matter because it's not going to make me late (unless of course we have an appointment). Hope your night gets better.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Tomorrow will be a better day. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• You aren't a bad mom. Youre having a crap day with everything piling up on you. Hugs!!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I am sorry, is there no school bus service? Maybe things will be better today!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2013