Are you a worrier?

I hate when people say don't worry, yeah thanks that was a huge help. Just don't worry, why didn't I think of that on my own? Lol. I am a huge worrier and no amount of saying "don't worry" is going to fix that. I worry about our trip coming up, worry that DS will get sick on the trip and we will have to see a doctor that doesn't know his background. I worry that his immune system won't get better in the coming year, worry that he really does have the rare disease they think he might have. Worry about money, worry about everything.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 6:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I worry until I am physically sick. There is never a moment in the day where I am not worrying about something. I guess I am worrying my life away.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• i have Generalized Anxiety Disorder...so yeah i worry haha. ive learned a lot of techniques over the years to help me stay in control of it, and its not near as bad as it use to be. but when things get stressful i worry to the point of making myself sick. earlier this year i thought i had gotten it under control and broke out in worry rashes! so even my subconscious worries haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Nope. I used to be that way but it made me physically sick. No thanks, I let most crap slide off my back now.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I do tend to be a chronic worrier, yes. Sometimes it helps me stop the spinning wheels in my head if I actually make myself sit down and think, okay, what's the absolute worst thing I can come up with that will happen in a certain situation? And what would I do about that? Then it's like I know where the bottom of the abyss is, and all the in-between crap can go away and quit bothering me. But I have to really force myself into that thought process, or I can drive my sorry ass right over the edge.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Not so much any more. I choose not to let it fill my head. That & guilt are no longer in my vocabulary. Been there, done that. It serves no purpose at all.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• i am naturally a worrier
    but
    deal with it differently than i used to

if it is an issue, then i put all efforts into fixing it
    if it is not my issue, i tell myself that i do not own it, and will not place it on my shoulders
    for things like acts of nature, i shrug and know i have no control

so was a worry wart years back even had anxiety attacks
    got "not mine to own" tactic, and no more panic attacks
    but
    i am a control freak with certain things
    if i can fix it, i will

i do not play what if game
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I can be at times. Usually over things I do have control over. I try to let things go if I don't have control over them.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Problem with worrying, though, is that it won't change anything anyway. That's why people say don't worry :/
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Oh yeah. I drive myself insane sometimes with the things that pop into my head.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Yes, I am the Queen of Worry. I get pissed when my kids say "stop worrying so much" because I know those words came from their father. He was always mad at me for worrying so much. It's my nature. Unfortunately it's gotten worse for me rather than better because now instead of just the two daughters to worry about, I have two daughters AND two granddaughters.....

sigh..... I'm the lady that licks the Xanax bottle.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2013