Do you know anyone with aids-HIV?

I knew several people with HIV that turned to full blown aids. It's sad to watch someone deteriorate so fast.

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 7:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2013 in Health

• I new one guy he passed away a few years ago. He use to go to our church. He was in his 40s maybe 50s he had hiv because he had a blood transfusion when he was a kid i guess it was before they checked for it in donated blood. So ya he lived with it for years and passed away a few years ago. He was married she didn't have hiv, but did have other medical problems so she passed a few months to a year after he did
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• My brother died of aids. He was in a really bad motorcycle accident and got a bad blood transfusion. This was before all the protocols to check shit were put into place. It sucked watching him fall to pieces. He was one of the strongest people I ever knew and I had to watch him get weaker and weaker. It sucked and that doesn't even begin to describe it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Yes, and had many friends pass from it, I wish I knew why some people don't respond to treatment, while others do. I have one friend who has been HIV+ for over 20 years, his viarl count is so good now, he would be able to pass an HIV test, sadly his partner died about 15 years ago, they at the time were doing the same treatments, etc.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• My uncle died of it in 1984 & where I worked I knew many people with it. Some have passed. It's very sad.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• a boy i grew up with
    and knew somewhat as a man
    he moved to CA
    and years later passed

he was a gas!
    still see his parents all the time
    his parents great friends with my folks for decades

miss you David
    you were someone who could make any room brighter
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• A cousin who got it from a transfusion before they knew to screen blood for it. He died about 10 years ago, lived with it a lot longer than anyone imagined possible when he was first diagnosed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Nope,not that I know of

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• No. Unfortunately, I knew a man who was a Hemophiliac.    Right after the whole Aids thing came to light, he went into his garage and shot himself in the head.    

I'm sorry fll.    It's never pleasant to watch someone deteriorate.   

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I have been wondering myself. I knew one man with HIV but we never talked about it. AIDS scares me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Not that I am aware of. I think it would be very sad and heartbreaking to watch.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2013