Do you have a drink (or two) at night.

I have heard SO many indictments of alcoholism about having a drink at night.
I have a couple Mike's Cranberrry Lemonades at night, most nights.
If I happened to not get any that day/week at store, I don't have a drink..no matter.
But, I prefer to have a night-cap. I relax, and chill.
So, I have heard that this is alcoholism...I think it is adult beverage drinking, because I don't want a soda, and like the small buzz...so what...I feel NO guilt...but hear things, and wanted to confer.
I also realize there are going to be "AA alcholics" reply with diagnosis.
I don't pretend to be perfect, but, I am not any kind of alcoholic.
Just wondering why people label each other so easily with a fault.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I have a rum and Coke every other night or so. Sometimes more often, sometimes less. Hardly ever more than one a night. Sometimes I look forward to it a little, but I wouldn't usually say I need it. Enjoy it, yes. Suffer if I go without it, no. Feel guilty about it, no. Consider myself an alcoholic, no. Could drop the habit and not look back, yes. Would I want to drop the habit, no. Would I go Anon about it, see no reason to.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• If you feel no guilt by having a couple of drinks every night, why go anon?
    Personally, I don't drink, nor do I judge other people that do, as long as it doesn't affect me.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Nope
    In the last 14 years,I have drank 3 times,the last time being in May

IMO,if you "need" that drink,you may have a problem

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• not every night, but i do enjoy alcohol on a somewhat regular basis (depending on our financial situation at that time haha).

so long as you're okay without it, like you said when you dont have any no big, then you're not an alcoholic. alcoholics NEED alcohol to function and deal with life. think of all those ppl who have wine with dinner...are they alcoholics, not necessarily. its all in how you approach it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I don't see anything wrong with having a couple drinks at night. If I could afford it, I would.
    From my perspective, it's not alcoholism unless it is interfering with your relationships.
    Do your friends, family or co-workers tell you that you drink too much?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Every couple of days or so I smoke a joint and watch a show or 2, it's me time and I need, love and want that time. But I don't drink often. Everyone needs a vice even kids they eat candy! As long as your kids and life are not affected you go girl.!

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 10:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• not usually on the weekdays only because for me personally even 1 mikes at night kind of gives me a hang over the next day so I don't on weekdays so I'm not a crab to get the kids up. now on weekends yes. My kids had no school today or tomorrow because of parent teacher conferences so I am drinking a Sailor Jerry and Orange Juice with my little (23) brother.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Only once in a while. I'm not supposed to drink so I just indulge when I'm feeling really good.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• If you NEED it to relax, then it's a problem.
    If you can go for a week, or a month without, and you can sleep soundly without it, then no problem.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• It's when it's not actually " a couple " of drinks that it's a problem. Lots of times alcoholics like to sugar coat the reguality, timing and need for a drink and that may be why people may have a tendancy to overreact and mislabel those who have a drink on a regular basis.

I personally don't drink a lot. There is usually a six pack of something or other in the back of the fridge for me, but it lasts for a month or two. I just rarely have the time or inclination. My DH on the other hand, drinks a few beers daily. Not a problem for him or me.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2013