The whole "bike for christmas" thing?

Well... isn't that a bit of a Bummer gift for Christmas when it is too cold, windy, rainy and snowy to go for ride bikes?

Fiance and I wanted to get everyone a bike for Christmas this year but I can't get over the fact it is a pretty useless gift for a good few months.

(The baby would not get a bike, she would get a seat attachment)

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2013 in Holidays

• I'll say this: My birthday is ON Christmas, so I had one day a year where my "wishes" would come true. I got bikes, and I'd bundle up in my winter coat and ride them that day, and maybe a few days after while school was still on break, but then I'd give it up til warmer weather came.
    So if your kid wants a bike, or asks "Santa" for a bike, who cares what the weather is like? Get the bike.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Yeah... Bikes for Christmas are hard. Unless the kids are older and can ride independently. We live where there isn't much snow, but it does get really cold here, so there is ice and bitter cold. Meh... I would pass on bikes until spring.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• It might be to cold for the baby, but do you have clear days where you are cold but no snow on the ground. We loved bikes for Christmas and we rode our bikes when it was cold but not too cold, not too windy.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• We bought both of our sons bikes for Christmas! They LOVED them!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• It is the man that wants the bike for the kid. I don't personally think she is ready. We talked about it briefly a few months ago and I have just been thinking it is a bad idea. We would have to drive somewhere to ride and buy a bike rack for the car too.

I always saw the whole bike under the tree making kids happy scene and never thought about the weather in December to go with it.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2013