I don't know what else to do?

I am a new school bus driver and some of the kids are terrible...I haven't got all their names down yet but plan to.I have written up afew already bc they do not listen to a word I say.

This morning for some freaking reason this boy decides to play with a pen and took out all the ink and made a mess especially on himself and a girl and they just laugh about it...while I'm worried about WHAT their mom is going to say about it.

I don't know what else to do they are embarrassing they do not listen to a word I say they are at times out of control. I am so afraid I could get fired :(
I can only do so much I am driving and every so often I will glance at them and try to correct them as we go. How can I get them to work with me...ugh!

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Honestly you need to talk to your supervisor and ask for advice. In this case you need help and you are surely not the first driver to have rude kids on the bus.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• I am with SB your supervisor is your best resource. (s)he probably knows about these kids from the previous driver.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• When I was a first year teacher in a school that was in the middle of gang central, where the kids would throw chairs at each other, and there was a double murder not 50 feet from my room, (a portable a good 20 feet from the school building) I found that my supervisors were not much help. So, good luck with that.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• My Dad was a school bus driver. His suggestion is to assign seats according to grade. Youngest closer to the front, reserving the first two seats for troublemakers of any grade. It stinks to be an eighth grader sitting in front of all of the sixth graders and it keeps them close.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2013

• Could always do what my bus drivers did when kids started acting up: Pull over to the side of the road, turn the bus off and go talk to the little shits, making it perfectly clear that the bus was NOT going to move again until they sat down and shut the hell up.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Find out what the standard procedures are first. If you can't get help from your supervisors, take Rose's and Tess's approaches and use them to the max. Harness the power of peer pressure and employ it to your utmost advantage!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• You need to call their parents. This sounds awful. I hope it works out. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• You were hired to drive the bus SAFELY. So if they are disrupting the bus ride in any way then go into the Principals Office & demand to speak who is in charge of bus safety at the School. THEY will address the issue for you. I have recommended this before if you remember.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2013