What religions/churches are most accepting of ALL people???

I have been trying to go back to the Catholic church for the last few years and the current Pope really has been nice to see- however- our local Catholic churches are VERY tied to politics and speak at mass about voting against abortions, etc. I am neutral on that subject I guess and pro gay rights so I guess I don't belong in the Catholic church- though my son does go to Catholic school.... I have tried and tried but I just can't get past some of their political stances. What other religions can I look into that might be more accepting of everyone gay, straight, married or divorced, etc??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know if this is the kind of answer you wanted but I'd suggest Buddhism. Very positive and all-embracing.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 9:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Universal Unitarianism - that is it's definition by name. Most pagan faiths, though some are prone to infighting, and a lot of individuals who practice it have some understandable animosity towards Christianity due to how they were treated as children and forced to practice it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I guess it depends on where you live in the USA. Here in NY the Catholic Church's are very accepting of everyone & anyone.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I live in New Mexico- VERY conservative and old school I guess here.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• ^^^^ I'll agree with NP.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Proof I need coffee. That should say Unitarian Universalism ROFL
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Try a Catholic Church with Franciscan Priests.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• http://www.uua.org/directory/congregations/results.php?state=NM

There's a list of UU congregations in NM. You can also learn more about Unitarian Universalism on that website, too. It really sounds like it is what you are looking for.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Christianity. oh wait.....
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• f you're looking for Catholic-style liturgy without the guilt issues, then I'll suggest the Episcopal Church. Pope Francis sounds positively Episcopalian! http://www.dioceserg.org

Answer by gdiamante at 2:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2013