Do you comb your child's hair?

I watch my nighbor's 4 yr old son. He's never brushed his hair. It's a huge all of curly ringlets. I need to run errands today, but I am too embarrassed to take the kid out in public with such unruly hair.

His mother doesn't allow his hair to be brushed. Would I be wrong to brush it?

Pioneer_Woman

Asked by Pioneer_Woman at 10:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• Do you realize that those ringlets will likely turn into frizz if you brush it? I only brush my dd's hair when wet because its curly

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• He is a kid, kid's have messy hair at times, it isn't the end of the world. If you are that worried about what other people think of you, you need help. If mom said not to do it, then DON"T. It isn't your place and I am sure this mom would be pissed since she has a reason for it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• His mother doesn't allow his hair to be brushed. Would I be wrong to brush it?

^^  Did you seriously type those sentences together?  

That's like saying 'her kid has peanut allergies and she said not to give peanuts to him.  He really wants some peanuts, would it be wrong to give them to him?'.

What don't you understand about NOT ALLOWED?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• if the mother says no, then no.

but you can't just brush curly ringlet hair, it has to be wet. my 3 year old has ringlets and before i learned how to maintain her hair, i would brush it and it would look like a big ball of frizz.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Jmo it's not your place! You don't know her reasoning behind not brushin his hair!! And who cares what other ppl think!!!! Smh he's a kid go run your errands and if your that embarrassed by him don't watch him anymore!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Back in the pioneer days the slicked it down with lard!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• And PLEASE DO NOT post 100 ridiculous question now.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Yes, he's not your kid.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Why on earth would she not brush her kid's hair?

My son is 5 and has always had a mop of hair. He hates having it brushed (what kid doesn't) but it's got to be done!

You know this neighbor best, though - would she absolutely flip out if you gave it a quick comb-through, or would she really care?
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• ^^ she could be dreading it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2013