Does anybody else hate Thanksgiving food?

I have been burnt out for years. We shuffle between families all weekend, so the turkey never stops coming.

I usually avoid turkey meals all the rest of the year because I know this weekend of torture is coming.

I really envy those families who always order Chinese or pizza that weekend.

anng.atlanta

Asked by anng.atlanta at 11:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2013 in Holidays

• I love Thanksgiving food, but I don't really like turkey. We always have ham and turkey, so I eat ham instead of turkey.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Well...I'm not that fond of the turkey. I don't know why because I love turkey during the rest of the year. But there are side dishes that I prepare ONLY for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Yummy!

I like all the "leftover" meals that I make with the turkey the week after Thanksgiving, though.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• We will have lasagna as always.. It's what mother in law insists upon.
    Pioneer_Woman

Answer by Pioneer_Woman at 11:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I will either make chicken or fish. I am not a huge turkey fan and nor is the rest of my family. It's too much food and it ends up being wasted.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I do like the side dishes though, so whatever I make will have those traditional sides to go along with it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I do not like turkey or the side dishes. If we go to my cousin's I will only eat her homemade apple pie.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I don't eat Turkey, nor celebrate the whole Thanksgiving thing...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Last year it was really nice on thanksgiving so we grilled steaks, baked taters and corn. It's was nom
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Nope Thanksgiving is always here in our home so I still love it. On occasion we will change to Cornish game hens. We always have both Turkey and ham.
    My suggestion is to eat little ate each place and bring a dish to eat that your family really enjoys.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2013

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2013