Tom Cruise: My work as an actor is as hard as fighting in Afghanistan

Show of hands, who thinks acting is harder than dodging IEDs and getting shot at?

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Facepalm

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• *headdesk*

Why do people still LIKE this asshole?

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Scientology has turned Tom into a loony toon.

Answer by 3libras at 4:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• This is why everyone has the same reaction when they hear Tom Cruise.... Yuck!!

Answer by m-avi at 4:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I dunno. I mean the stunt doubles come in for the hard part like driving cars and dodging and going off cliffs. The doubles are there when The "bombs" go off and guns are fired and punches thrown.

I know the hard parts are smiling and kissing the girls and getting paid big bucks. I mean really, he could DIE from that. I have sympathy.
    I bet someone else would step up to the plate and take one for the team if he feels he just can't go on.

Answer by Dardenella at 4:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

You shouldn't insult loony toons like that.

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I have two words for him...

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• he could DIE from that.

he could catch mono...

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Wow. I've always been one to think that acting isn't as easy as they make it look, but he's exaggerating big time to try to equate it with being in Afghanistan. There may be a lot of working out and physical preparation for a role, but he chooses to do that and I doubt it's nearly as much as the military does to prepare, not to mention at least when he's being shot at, they're blanks, and the bombs and grenades and whatever either aren't real or his stunt man will come in.

I've been very unimpressed with him since...well, about the time the whole jumping on the couch thing happened. But this really takes the cake.

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2013