What makes your town interesting-quirky-fun? Anything it's famous for?

We're looking for fun places to visit next summer.

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 5:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2013 in Travel

• Balloon fiesta

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Same county - we have an Amish Theme Park

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Do you like airplanes?
    We have a convention in late July

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I live in the Los Angeles South Bay. Everything is within a short distance from us. My town is a beach town, all of the museums and entertainment, concerts, the movie and television studios, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Aquarium of the Pacific, anything you can imagine is just minutes away from us. There are amazing restaurants, Donald Trump's golf resort, botanical gardens, kayaking, biking, surfing swimming, boating, shopping, sun bathing. All here.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• why me OF COURSE lol, we have Kings Island :)
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• We're pretty boring, I guess. There's stuff to do in Denver, but we're far enough out of the way that nobody comes without a reason. We did appear on a few episodes of Dog, the Bounty Hunter, I was told.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Nothing interesting here, unless you count the numerous UXO's found recently. Right outside my hometown in ND was where part of the movie Fargo was filmed (not in Fargo lol, Grafton). The town I lived in in CO is mentioned in a song. Can't remember the name of the song but the words are "hauling a flatbed outside of Wiggins". That is big for Wiggins CO, town of less than 1,000 people, and no stop lights.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I live in Austin, MN AKA Spam Town(home of spam). There's a spam museum here. I don't think it's very interesting but a lot of people do come here to visit the museum. Our city is quite boring though.

Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Well there's a vineyard that has free wine tasting and a Christmas tree farm...other than that not much.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2013