Any nurses here? LPN's or RN's

So I never finished my nursing course, because life got into the way, but I'm thinking about going back and finishing my LPN.

My question: Do you really LOVE your job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Check in your area and see if there is a high demand for LPN's, the only reason I ask is becasue hospital in my area do not hire LPN's, most LPN's here go back for there RN or work in nursing homes and Dr. offices
    Anonymous

• no, i dont like it. they are constantly cutting our hours and you arent allowed overtime anymore.
    Anonymous

• I am a FNP-C. yeah I love my job.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Whats an FNP-C? Sorry probably a dumb question.
    Anonymous

• I highly suggest going the extra year for your RN. Many hospitals are laying off their RN's. It seems like the only place for LPN's is in nursing homes and some parts of homecare. It is scary to see all these LPN layoffs, I am currently back in school to get my RN. My friend is also an LPN and she has been fairly safe in her agency because she has many extra certifications, but hours are still slim, she will soon be joining me back at school.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry, I meant many hospitals are laying off their LPN's not Rn's.
    Anonymous

• I love my job. I love what I do. Every nurse whether they are an LPN/LVN, ADN or RN has to find the niche that fits them. My sister is also a nurse, infact we went to nursing school together. She loves Pediatrics, her niche is fragile pediatrics. I can't do that. Maybe it is from losing a child who was in NICU I don't know I just know I can't do what she does. On the other hand she hates what I do..lol. I have two kinds of patients..hospice and wound care. It is what I do best. I've worked in practically every setting imaginable...but this is what 'flicks my bic" ..so to speak. As an RN you will have the chance to make more, explore more patient settings and be more flexible..but that is totally up to you.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• FNP-C: Family Nurse Practioner
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2009