Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awkward Question about down there adult content

soo I noticed when I wipe after using the bathroom I felt pain 'down there' kind of above my clit, but not where the hair grows if that makes sense. so I looked and I have a big inflamed bump there and its painful. It isn't an ingrown hair because hair doesn't grow there. but it can't be an STD because I haven't had sex since I got pregnant almost 5 years ago.... I get sometimes get boils on my back if I eat too much sugar/chocolate and I have gotten cysts under my skin before too, could it be either of those things?
I'm not concerned enough to go to the doctor, plus I suffered abuse as a child so I don't go to the OB, I'm extremely uncomfortable with that. (obviously if it was super bad and gross I would go but at this point I'm assuming it will go away, but I'm curious as to what it is)



yeah how embarassing. it was a boil I believe. I had no idea you could get those..down there?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2013 in Health

Answers (6)
  • A pimple?

    Answer by staciandababy at 10:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

  • Try a warm compress and see what happens.
    STD's don't always give you symptoms right away. It is possible.

    What's more uncomfortable? A 5 minute exam? Or explaining to your child that mommy won't be here for much longer because she didn't take proper care of herself and didn't get checked for cervical cancer??

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

  • It's probably a boil, but it could be infected. You may need to have it cut open and drained or you may need antibiotics. You should really see a doctor.

    Answer by Mary229 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

  • Yes either of those. This is unrelated. I do think you need to talk to someone. It is uncomfortable for all of us to go to the OB. Many of us have suffered abuse. Some much worse than others. The point is that you need to deal with this because it is a matter of your own body's wellbeing. I wish you luck.

    Back on topic. I am a weird but I would scratch it open and douse with hydrogen peroxide.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

  • Probably a swollen gland, possibly infected. I get them occasionally, just not right there. Mine clear up on their own but if you've had it and it's painful more than a couple days, see a doctor.

    Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

  • Any news?

    Answer by staciandababy at 1:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.