should i let my 14 year old daughter get a nose piercing?

she feels very strongly about getting a nose piercing and has wanted one for a while, i think she is too young and should way until she is 18, her argument is that it is HER nose and that she should be able to do what she wants with it

ava223

Asked by ava223 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I wouldn't. My kids aren't allowed piercings (other than my girls, 1 hole in the lobe of each ear) until they are 18. Things that seem cool at 14 don't always seem so cool at 18. The holes do not always close back up.

Answer by missanc at 11:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Nope. If she wants it that badly she can wait til she's 18.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• No I wouldn't you tell her that yea it's her nose but she can't get a piercing until she is old enough and I believe you have to be a certain age to get one like 18 and if she is 16 I think you have to have a parent consent just tell her no just wait it's not going anywhere...Js
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Your the adult, you make the decision.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• She can pay for it herself the day she turns 18.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Who cares what her argument is? You are the parent, not her. If you say not until 18, then not until 18.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Oy. Only 14 and already pulling the "it's my life/body" lol. I personally would make her wait, at the very least a few more years. I don't have a reason that would make her understand, so I'd just tell her it sucks being young but that's the rule sorry Charlie.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• It may be her nose, but her nose lives under your roof. Your roof, your rules.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• My opinion is that no you should not. If she still wants one when she is an adult and out on her own she can get one for herself.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Tell her it is her nose after she turns 18. The law says so.
    If you do not want her to get it. Don't let her. She is only 14. She has a lot of growing to do in the 4 years she will have to wait to do it.
    In the end she might be happy you made her wait 4 years.

Answer by louise2 at 6:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2013