My divorice papers mention NOTHING about taking my son across state lines on my weekend visits but mom says hell no im not allowed i need her permission.

I refuse to get her permission cause its never been a issue before UNTIL I filed for custody. its not in no court orders I have and its a 3 hour trip to see my side of the family. we've done it a 1000 times now she wants to be controlling and tell me I cant do that. im gonna do it any way

Justonsdad

Asked by Justonsdad at 11:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• If there's nothing in the order, I would think you can take him. She's probably angry that you're idling for custody and is overreacting. She's feeling threatened right now and is using it as a scare tactic. Call your local police dept and ask them, they should be able to answer you.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Okay..... good luck with whatever repercussions there are from this. Heaven forbid you wait and do things properly so that you don't look like an ass in family court.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Ok, congrats. Did you have a question or did you just need to vent?
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• I had a question that came across as a vent sorry. can I do it legally since there is no court order saying I cant. im not a deadbeat dad ive taken my son to many places across the country without a problem until I filed for custody. I pay my child support in full 1st of every month I talk to him 2 times a day on the phone and I see him every time she needs a babysitter ontop of my normal visitation weekends why now? why is she doing this now? can it be legally done? what gives her the authority to tell me this we have joint custody
    Justonsdad

Comment by Justonsdad (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• * filing not idling lol
    funlovinlady

• ok, thanks. that's what I was thinking. I told her 100 times there is no court order and she cant stop me. I will be taking a sheriff with me this time at the pick up I know she will give me issues.
    Justonsdad

Comment by Justonsdad (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2013

• Are we co-ed now? Did I miss the memo?
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2013