I am a single mother of two girls, age 9and 13, and opening an adult toy store. How do i explain it to my girls and keep it tasteful? I don't want to embarrass them.

I have had a few toy parties and done very well. There is not an adult toy store for 60 miles. Help me keep it tasteful ladies.

Mac2269

Asked by Mac2269 at 3:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2013 in Money & Work

• LMAO anesth... Me too.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• There is no way to keep this tasteful!

Answer by older at 6:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Well, you need to have frank discussions about how people give pleasure to themselves and others. You will have to go into what age it is appropriate , etc. And I would think it would be very difficult to explain handcuffs and that sort of thing. Then you will have to be prepared to deal with their interest in the things you sell. Think this through carefully.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Are you also prepared for the things other people will say to them (right or wrong)?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Why do you feel the need to explain it to them in detail? Were you planning on taking them to work with you? Just tell them you own a store that sells things for adults. Millions of kids have parents who work at H&R Block or State Farm or AIG and have no idea what their parents actually do.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• I don't think it's possible to protect them from what others may say. They may be able deal with a "tasteful" explanation from you, but down the road someone will probably be crass about it to them.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Hey.. my comment got deleted. It MUST be the admins... hahahahah...
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• I don't think there's a way to have an adult toy store without embarrassing them. If (when) their friends find out what you do, I would not want to be them! If it were me I would try to find another business until they are older.

Answer by missanc at 10:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• LOL, now I look like I am talking to myself.... I liked your comment anesth
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2013