still dripping

I stopped breastfeeding when baby was 4 weeks but I still have some kind of milk discharge from my nipple. Is that normal? Does that mean I can still breastfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Chances are that if you start breastfeeding again your milk will come back in.
    Anonymous

• It's definitely worth a try! It takes some women months to completely dry up!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It is normal, and can occur for a long time. You can always breastfeed again. Even if it didn't seem like you had milk left, it can be stimulated and come back. If you are interested in nursing again, let me know. I can point you in the direction of advice, support, and encouragement.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• oh yeah!! of course you can. women who have never been pregnant can lactate! so can you =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009