How do I prove to my 20 year old that I love him

My son shut me out of his life 17 months ago because I moved out and living a gay lifestyle

LonelyMomOfFour

Asked by LonelyMomOfFour at 7:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Is it because he doesn't think you love him? Or because he does not approve of your life style?

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Never seen the roles reversed....usually it is the parents who shuts someone out of their life for being gay....a little communication here goes a long way, sit with him and explain why you have done this...hopefully this is something you have been repressing and not experimental.

Answer by older at 8:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Haven't you convinced him after all these years? Sounds like it has to do with the recent changes in your life. Just keep trying. Hopefully he will come around.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• He knows you love him( hopefully) he sounds like he just doesn't approve if your lifestyle ... He'll come around it's hard for loved ones to accept a change like that sometimes.... Good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• You simply love him.
    If you know his number or where he is call or drop him a line . Tell him you love him and would like to talk, when ever his is ready.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• start with acceptance...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Imagine the shock of knowing someone your whole life, and they pull a complete 180 on you?
    Give him time.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• You can't prove to anyone that you love him or her. You have to just keep living as if you love the person and give him time. He will either accept your love or not; that's out of your control. I wish you the best.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Homosexuality is a SIN read the bible you will
    Burn for that when I no longer wanted to be gay, it
    Was a faz I was attacked by something evil
    It's evil trust me it means you love your flesh
    More then god.
    Jeenmone

Answer by Jeenmone at 6:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2014