Any suggestions for a good beginner robot kit for 6 year old?

My son wants to start making robots and geez, they are expensive!!! I don't want to spend more than 50-100 dollars so a Mindstorm is out of the question. Any suggestions for a good, simple robot he can make that will still work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• I've been out if that for a while but when my older son was little, radio shack was a great place for that kind of stuff with more selection than places like Walmart/target

Answer by missanc at 10:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• You can get motorized erector sets for less than that, not exactly the same as robots, but same principles, and if he's going to get into the robotics team at school, it's still good practice. They use lego kits, but it's about assembling and knowing how the gears and things work, too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2013

• I've sen some nifty stuff on www.thegrommet.com.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Check on Mindware website they have neat science based toys.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2013