Does anyome have any words of encouragement??

Bible quotes, lessons from past experiences what have you?? Im actually starting to get over and heal from this breakup..slowly. Yes the abusive drug addict one. Please be nice as I am emotionally weak at the moment. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• First of all, you are stronger than you think if you are moving on from this. So good for you for making a healthy choice for the betterment of YOUR life. Second of all, these are hard life lessons that we learn and grow from, which will open the door to a happier, more healthy relationship (down the road and when you're ready). Time does heal and give yourself positive affirmations/feedback every day. Just say something nice to yourself every day and know you deserve this change that you've decided to make. Stick with it!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• I've always lived by my grandmother's words:

"And this too shall pass"
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Stop being Anonymous... own your life, own your choices, own your mistakes, own this victory. Stand up loud and proud, show the world you are a survivor of your situation. Take charge and stop hiding!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• I breath at a time. One step at a time. One hour and one day at a time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Something encouraging (though I know it can feel like cold comfort) is the principle that feeling your painful feelings is actually less painful than striving to avoid pain! Once you turn toward & into your actual present experience (whatever you're afraid of & trying to avoid--loneliness, emptiness, lack of meaning, not feeling important or valued, etc.) instead of trying to protect yourself from the pain of it, you are living it and you are engaged in a process. Feelings change once they are felt rather than avoided. And this is how you form & strengthen your actual Self.

girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 5:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Check out the quotes here: http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/156980.Julian_of_Norwich

Couple of my favorites: 

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

“He said not 'Thou shalt not be tempested, thou shalt not be travailed, thou shalt not be dis-eased'; but he said, 'Thou shalt not be overcome.” 

Answer by gdiamante at 5:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Go to Google and look up a song by Rascal Flats called "Movin' On." It really, really helped me a lot after my divorce. must have played it two million times in the first year after the breakup.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• First of all THANK YOU wise ones of Cafemom. Sadly I look up to you all because I never had a mother myself. Secondly, I am way too embarrassed of the matter to show my face on this one, humiliated for letting it get to me so much. Its because I have something called Adult Attachment Disorder so I am going through these processes simultaneously. My 6 year relationship before this guy was not even this difficult because back then I was still in DENIAL about my attachment disorder. Denial is easier, so I kept latching on to guy after guy. These poor men who have fallen victim to my neediness. Anyway codependent no more my life starts now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• ANY of the stories from ANY of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2013