Adult acne

Does anyone have adult acne? If so has anything worked for you? I have had outbreaks off and on in my teen yrs, but nothing major till now! I have been dealing with this for over a yr. My family Dr had me on antibiotics that helped for awhile, but then stopped. I have used proactive. I also have prescription antibiotic creams, but nothing is helping. The latest I tried was Daspone and that hasn't helped either. I can't take birth control pills because of the side effects. Anybody know of anything that has helped you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2013 in Health

• Yes, I have tried everything and it's not hopeless but it takes commitment. I have taken several drugs including Accutane derivatives.
    No one wants to hear this but take a good look at your diet. Try for three weeks to cut out processed foods, starches and sugars. Yep, it means eating really healthy. Hard but can be done. I eat fruit or vitamins for my sweet fix. Or I just know I'll break out if I eat a bunch of sugar and then I live with it. I have also cut out dairy and gluten. I'm doing this for other reasons. Dairy is a serious problem for some acne people too. So, if the sugar and processed foods don't help, try two weeks dairy free. Also, drink tons of water and that is no joke. Best way is to cut something out for a few weeks and keep a food journal. Try eliminating foods first before drugs. If you see a dermatologist, there are decent topicals to help.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• You know what scrappy advice I will give. Rub a cucumber on your face. May as well!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2013