What to do with my wedding dress? What did you do with yours?

My kjids are 8, 5 and 2 so I know by the time they get married they are going to be like you wore that??? LOL. It has puffy sleeves in the shoulders lol. I was going to sell it on craigslist but when I took it out of the bag to get pics of it I noticed it is turning brown in a couple spots so I probably can't sell it now, but now I am at a loss of what to do with it all it is is taking up space lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I wore my aunts, I LOVED wearing an older dress, it was very beautiful and not like the ones today, I would save yours just in case
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• ya but would the stains that are starting come out?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• I preserved mine, or had a company do it for me. My dd's prob won't wear it as is, but I'm hoping they will at least sew a piece of it inside their dress, or cut a piece of it to edge in the lace and use as a satin handkerchief so they can have something of it to use in their wedding.

Answer by missanc at 7:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• My dress was my step-fathers mom's dress from the 1940's I had it restored then preserved.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• You should have had it preserved. The dress I wore was both my mothers and my aunts. It is well preserved....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• It is hanging in my closet in a dress bag. It is my second wedding dress and I have never married. Used for photoshoots for my old work.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• I think this is the site they had on GMA and Shark Tank a while ago ... Pre-Owned Wedding Dresses .

As for me, I borrowed my future SIL's dress b/c Mom's wouldn't fit across the boobs. Best part, I didn't have to worry about storing a dress that I wore for an hour, maybe hour and a half. 

.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• My brother wore it as a Halloween costume, after I got it cleaned I donated it to someplace for people who can't afford dresses.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• I took mine to Salvation Army. They were thrilled to have it and said it would sell within a week. Some ladies save theirs so baptismal gowns can be made out of it for grandchildren.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Yeah, I feel ya. Mine is a Nicole Miller evening gown. I still think its plain elegance is beautiful but I have two boys. No one will want it. I should dry clean it though...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2013