Have you ever had more fun with your kid's toy than your kid?

My kid came home from the grocery store with a sucker pop that had a laser flashlight on it that projects a whale on the wall.... I just spent the last 10 minutes with the lights out having it swim all over the house.... Totally fun.

The kids were watching, I wasn't by myself or anything. Just thought it was cool.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 9:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• (evil laugh)... wait till they go to bed and then you can have all the fun you want to....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• LOL Imagine the horror of the 4 year old when she wakes up in the middle of the night to go potty and I'm playing with all her toys!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• LMAO! Oh, it's happened here before... especially the ex after the girls went to bed....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Dollhouses. I bought my daughter a Calico Critters house a few years ago for Christmas and I spent hours playing with it while they were playing with something else.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• I am guilty of playing my sons N64 way back when. If he would have been a girl I promise you there would have been late night Barbie fashion shows and hair-do's.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2013

• Um, me. And not necessarily with them around either.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• All the time. It's normal, though. I got a Nintendo for Christmas one year, and it was hooked up to the tv in my room. My mom was on vacation the week between Christmas and New Years, and every morning I woke up to her swearing at Mario. So much for sleeping in.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Yep. When I first got a dollhouse for my oldest, I think I was the one who really liked setting it up & arranging the furniture. And working out the names of the dollhouse dolls, lol! (There were a couple of extra adult dolls who came with things like a tractor & a truck, and they were the same doll--identically dressed, so they were Daddy Will's twin brothers.) Her primary interest in the beginning was making the dolls "walk" up the stairs and use the potty. I remember her saying "Flush it, Uncle Nate!" She moved the furniture around, too, but didn't have a concept of keeping the "right" furniture together and making real rooms. I remember always wanting a dollhouse as a kid so I guess I got my chance belatedly. I walk right by it, now!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I told DS he couldn't take his Skylanders to his dad's house cause I was playing with them.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2013