Slowly introducing dairy.

I am slowly introducing dairy into DS's diet to see how he does with it. Everyone keeps telling me he might grow out of it. Any suggestions? He had a sting cheese today, we will see if he poops.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 12:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• That is all you can do. Little bit by little bit. What happens with milk or dairy in products/foods? Does he react? My son was on soy for about a year after birth and eventually we made the switch to cow's milk. It all worked out fine but every kid is different.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I would start with whole milk yogurt. Jut a little at a time. The good bacteria in it may help him adjust to it a little better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Just go slow. My 4 yo used to get eczema when he had milk, but he has grown out of it with age. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 1:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• We are waiting on test results to do a food challenge for ODD. We have been dairy free for nearly five years. Her allergist actually recommended using lactose free milk, to differentiate between a dairy protein reaction or a lactose reaction. Four ounces one day, watch her all day, increase the amount the next day, and the next. If she does not react to lactose free milk she is clear for lactose free products, if she does react to lactose free products then she is still allergic to the dairy proteins and I will be a sad panda lol.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• He just gets really constipated when he has dairy. They told us at year to try switching from soy formula to cow's milk, but he didn't poop for 2 weeks. He also gets really painful gas. He seems fine today.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2013