What could this be?

I noticed a lump on my left side middle of my buttock.
It doesn't hurt but I notice it when I feel for it...I know...don't feel for it...lol but I can't help wondering if it's still there or not.

What is it? It's been there for a week now...I guess.
Thank you ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2013 in Health

• If there is not one on the other side, it's definitely not normal. That's how we were always taught... The only sure way to know is to have your physician look at it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• a boil?
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I agree with m-avi but knowing me, I'd wait another week and see if it disappears. You sure it isn't a rogue ingrown hair or something?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Pimple

Answer by louise2 at 6:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• It could be what we used to call a fatty cyst. It probably has a more sophisticated name. My dad had several and he had one taken out because it was where he rested his arm on his chair. But other than that his doctor told him they were harmless. Key is to ask your doctor, though.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• If it doesn't hurt it may be a fatty deposit on the side of your rump. it can generate it an area without an pain and slowly grow over time. It will never hurt but it can affect thing way you fit in your clothes and see yourself in the mirror. Let me know what the doctors says when you go in. Remember that if it doesn't hurt it isn't a boil, or pimple. it could be a fatty deposit or a cancerous lump....make sure you make an appointment.
    MoneySaverMoms

Answer by MoneySaverMoms at 12:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Can you see it in a mirror or is it IN your butt? Sounds like a fun doctors trip. Let us know what it is! I am going to check my body for lumps now. I never feel my butt who knows what is in there.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2013