do you feel you give way more than you receive?

okay ladies... do you feel like you give way more than you receive? what i mean by this is like you have "friends" and you always remember their birthday and/or do something to make them feel special, but they don't even remember to say happy birthday to you or try to be there for you.Also you might go out of your way for your family/hubby and they might not even remember to say thank you or they act like this is what you suppose to do.

txdelta

Asked by txdelta at 6:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband is great and USUALLY remembers things.

My friends on the other hand were'nt so great so I made new ones!! We give/receive equally and its sooo much fun and nice to have people care about you!
    Anonymous

• Always!!! That's just my nature to give and to help... sometimes I hate myself for that:)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I use to feel that way when I was single with friends/family, but now that i'm married I enjoy getting treated like a queen and I've learned to receive with out guilt and It feels good~
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I go through this all the time. I'velearned to live and let live.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes. I am a giver. I absolutely enjoy doing things for others and helping people when they need help, but sometimes if I really sit back and think about it, I notice that others are not willing to do much, if anything, for me in return. Now don't get my wrong, I don't do things because I expect others to reciprocate, but when I really look at the big picture, I definitely give more than I receive. But it is all good. I believe in karma and if I can do someone a good turn, then it will come back to me in some way, somehow... The reward I get from knowing I have done something good is something you cannot put a price on. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I try to never let one hand know what the other is doing.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I am a giver... Can't help myself to want to help someone else... to give if I have it to give. Have been taken advantage of for being the one who seems to always give but I know that the good things that have come my way are because of choices I have made to think of the needs of others above my own. Those who have knowingly taken advantage of me... lets just say, they still struggle and have miserable lives because of the choices they make... they just don't get it! IT IS BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE!! I truly believe that.
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 8:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009