People ask for some silly things on my Free Stuff To Good Homes Facebook page

One lady is asking for various sizes of pine cones. I asked her if she tried looking under fir trees. Lol. Does she think that people have pine cones stored in their garage or something? :)
One lady is asking for a sewing machine,but she is unwilling to pick it up,or have it dropped off. She wants it shipped to her....for free
I'm disturbed by how many girls/women on there are having babies very soon,and have no clothes,diapers,or a crib.
Oh and they get pissed if you refer them to churches,charities,or a government agency.

Sidenote. I finally got the woman who was interested in the boys' coats I was giving away to come get them. I offered to drop them off,but she was adamant that I not do that. She was suppose to come last Sunday. No show. She contacted me Monday to say she wasn't able to come. (duh) I reposted that 2 were still available. She said she still wanted them,said she'd come by 12. At 1,still not here,so I told her they'd be hanging on my porch railing if she wanted to come get them. We left at 3,they were gone. I don't get it. She said she lived 4 blocks away. The 1st lady that was interested was here right on time.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2013 in Just for Fun

• LOL... I posted a year ago about that self-contained water pond I made. I asked for someone to come pick it up AS IS with fish included because I did not have a vehicle to deliver, and I didn't want to break it down. The first person who responded asked if I could deliver it.... REALLY???? After a few more stupid ones, I took it all down. Just forget about it... LMAO!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Well, to the pine cones? My mom DOES have multiple boxes of pine cones in her basement... and she has moved them all over for the past 25 years... She keeps insisting that she will use them for something.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I spend a freaking fortune on pine cones this time of year, every year. I can never remember where I put last year's hoard, and I give up looking through boxes in storage just to go buy new ones, and then about February I find the old ones... Wahh!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I was gonna say, the pine cones one isn't necessarily weird. Who knows, someone may have a few pine trees in their yard, and all she'd have to do is come pick them up out of the yard!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• What happened with the tree lady?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Anyone who's ever been involved with a scouting troop doing crafts probably has a stockpile of pine cones. Same with any crafthoarder (aka people who are perfectly normal until they get to a garage sale with craft supplies)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I do not really think it is all that odd, the pinecones I mean. Every year we make winter treats for the birds using pinecones as the base. I do not have pine trees where I am of any size. I do know where to go and get them now but someone else might not. A man I know is delighted that I will come and rake up his yard with him to take as many pine cones as I want. LOL.
    I do agree people are very weird. You specify they must pick it up and 9 out of ten will "need" you to bring it to them. At least half of those will tell you are mean, hateful or prejudice if you tell them you will not ( how can you tell "what color someone is" in an email?) or selfish.
    So do you have a site for more than just your area? Mine is just for my area.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I know people ask for pinecones on our local freecycle for projects. As well as items for new babies cause it can be expensive to purchase everything and most people have so much already sitting in their homes so it makes sense for others to ask for this on a site that advertises that everything is free.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• One of the posts has 104 responses of 3 women going back and forth. It all started innocently. A woman asked about getting help for Xmas. One lady asked her if she had contacted Salvation Army,etc,and someone jumped her ass and said she was asking here,how dare she mention asking charities. And it was ON.......

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• The tree lady's post is the one with the 100+ posts.She stopped responding about 50 posts in. IDK if anyone has sent her anything yet.

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2013